Dear Friends and Supporters,
Please mark your calendars for Tuesday, April 4 at 7:00pm at the Sea View Hotel when Bal Harbour Village will host a community workshop for residents to learn about the new Bal Harbour Shops Enhancement Plan. Village officials and Bal Harbour Shops leaders will be on hand to provide the latest information and answer questions.
The updated plan will be built entirely on the existing Shops property, and includes Florida’s first Barneys New York flagship store, new luxury boutiques and new fine dining options. While it won’t require any public land whatsoever, the Enhancement Plan will deliver more than $100 million in public benefits to the Village, including:
- Funding for a new, environmentally-sustainable, hurricane-protected Village Hall and parking garage
- The nearby Fairfield and Suntrust properties, totaling nearly 2 acres
- Funding to redevelop the Village’s Public Works lot into a public waterfront park
- Funding for the Village’s Art in Public Places program
- Improvements to the pedestrian experience along 96th Street and Collins Avenue adjacent to the Shops
- Millions of dollars each year in additional tax revenues to the Village
We look forward to seeing you at the upcoming community workshop on Tuesday, April 4 at 7:00pm at the Sea View Hotel. As always, we appreciate your continued support!